Monday, March 16, 2020

Lesson 1 - Vlog With Mr. P.




Overview and Directions: Please view the above video for my class instructions.

This will be a daily Vlog to help us keep connected as a class during this troubling time. I will always have a poem of the day, and offer daily lessons on our assignments. You will have the opportunity to comment on the blog post, and I can answer you the following day. We can also set-up class time to all be on the blog for an hour and comment together in real time.

I will address long-term assignments and we will begin new assignments together. I am looking to make this work as high interest as possible, which means the more you check-in and comment on the blog, the more input you will have on the work we do.

Today's "Poem of the Day" is from Sharon Old’s Arias, titled, “For You.”

13 comments:

  1. I watched your video- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mr. P!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! But also am really gonna miss class :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the video, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Can't wait for the audio book :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone! You get first dibs. I am planning for tomorrow. Is there anything you would like me to cover? So far, I thought I would cover ACT II, and I could read ACT III on Wednesday and Thursday. I also signed up for Zoom, which is an online video conferencing site. We could select a time and meet as a class through the camera on our computers and/or phones and have an actual class! I set-up my profile page. Let me know what you would like to cover tomorrow. I will also be sure to share anecdotal stories like I do in class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mr. P! I think that's a good idea for Acts 2 and 3 going forward and I think Zoom will be an interesting experience definitely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mr P. thanks for the update! I know a lot of other classes who are using Zoom and it seems like a good way that we could have our class discussions and most people say it's pretty easy to use like Skype or Facetime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. I set-up a zoom account. I am just trying to round everyone up, first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. P, is there a set plan for when we are using Zoom?

      Delete
    2. Not yet. We can make a time for next week. Hopefully more people will check-in.

      Delete
  10. I saw the videos a while ago! Sorry for not commenting sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was the greatest poem of the day yet, thank you Mr. P!

    ReplyDelete